Several photos courtesy
of Visit Billings
- Where are you from?
- My formative years spanned several countries. I was born in India and lived in Dubai during my childhood. My family moved to Toronto, Canada where I spent my adolescent years and went on to complete my undergraduate degree from the University of Toronto. I’ve been in the United States for the last couple of years completing my medical clerkships. I like to think that my worldview is defined by an eclectic outlook that encompasses a broad range of multicultural experiences.
- Where did you go to medical school?
- I graduated from St. James School of Medicine.
- What are your learning and teaching interest areas?
- I’m eager to learn a lot from this Internal Medicine residency, which has endless learning potential. My learning interests at this point in my career are broad, and I will find particular specialty areas of interest as residency progresses. I find joy in the exchange and sharing of medical knowledge, whether it is through explaining to patients the nature of their illness or lab results, or via discussions with attendings, fellow residents, and medical students. I’m passionate about individualized patient-centered care, and working with underserved communities and marginalized populations. I’m greatly interested in rural and international medical outreach.
- What excites you most about our new residency?
- I’m excited to be a part of the Billings Clinic Internal Medicine team. Their warmth of character and enthusiasm for running a teaching program are a few of many reasons that motivated me to join this program. I am confident that the dedicated faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and commitment to patient-centered care and safety, would be a great learning environment for me to further develop my clinical skills.
- How do you spend your time outside work?
- During me time off from work, I find cooking relaxing. I enjoy cooking various cultural cuisines and sharing them with family and friends. I like to keep fit by running, spinning classes, and various outdoor activities. I relish reading and watching a good movie. I love to travel and explore, and have had many wonderful and rich cultural experiences from all my travels. I also appreciate spending quality time with friends and family.
IMRThird Year Residents
We will start interviewing applicants from late October to January.