Several photos courtesy
of Visit Billings
- Where are you from?
- Yuba City, CA
- What are your learning and teaching interest areas?
- My areas of interest are mainly in preventive medicine. I’d like to gain better understanding of how we can improve and make more efficient the detection of disease and either prevent or mitigate the effects of disease on society. My current area of research is evaluating the diagnostic algorithms in the chest pain observation unit and identifying physiological factors that can be used to identify false positive exercise treadmill stress tests from true positives.
- What excites you the most about starting residency?
- I am very excited for the opportunity to further my training and being able to take the next big step in becoming a skilled well rounded physician.
- How do you spend your time outside of work?
- I enjoy reading books, learning new cooking recipes, and skiing in my off time.
- What are some of your academic achievements?
- I presented a poster “Morphology and Duration of Ventricular Tachycardia Induced by Exercise Testing Predict Cardiac Outcomes” at the 7th Annual California Heart Rhythm Symposium in San Francisco, Ca on Sep 9, 2016. The full paper is currently being written.
I volunteered on a medical mission to work at Hue University Hospital in Vietnam. I worked closely with the medical team to provide the best care for the patients, the majority of whom were poor farmers from the outlying provinces. My time there gave me a great appreciation for the resources we have access to and the resilience that people can exhibit.
IMRThird Year Residents
We will start interviewing applicants from late October to January.