Michael White, MB BCH BAO
- Where are you from?
- I grew up in Piedmont, California in the Bay Area.
- Where did you attend medical school?
- I went to the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland for medical school.
- What are your learning and teaching interest areas?
- I really haven’t narrowed down my learning interests yet, one of the many reasons which makes internal medicine such a great path for me. Whichever path of medicine I end up pursuing, I intend to have a sincere, patient first approach. I believe it is important to connect with your patients, and provide them with the education and information necessary to allow them to best manage their health.
- What excites you the most about our new residency?
- Billings Clinic has an incredibly nourishing yet challenging atmosphere. Residents, attendings, faculty and staff are always pushing you to learn more, as they want the best out of you. These expectations are genuinely supportive, encouraging and nonjudgmental, which in my experience isn’t always the case in medical training.
Billings Clinic is a constructive and supportive environment where everyone works as a team in effort to achieve the best outcome for the patient. I couldn’t be happier to be part of Billings Clinic.
- How do you spend your time outside of work?
- Outside of work I spend a lot of time watching and playing sports.
I am a huge 49ers fan and I love to play most sports, especially football, basketball and golf. I also enjoy a good night out with the friends and if the time is right I’m not afraid to binge watch a new TV show.