Several photos courtesy
of Visit Billings
- Where are you from?
- I was born in Seattle, Washington, but I grew up in sunny Colorado.
- What are your learning and teaching interest areas?
- I have a particular interest in bedside ultrasound and helped train fellow residents in South Africa on RUSH exams and FAST exams for trauma situations in 2010. I also have a passion for Cardiology and Intensive Care medicine.
- What excites you the most about starting residency?
- I previously completely roughly two years of an Anesthesiology residency and am looking forward to working more closely with patients and their families in my internal medicine residency. I realized that human interaction and patient education are two of the most fulfilling aspects of a career in medicine and this is something that I feel I crave and excel in. I am also particularly excited to continue developing my differential diagnostic skills and physical exam skills, as well as mastering the pathophysiology of the spectrum of illnesses seen in Internal Medicine.
- How do you spend your time outside of work?
- I am an avid musician and enjoy playing the guitar, harmonica, ukulele, and singing. Being from Colorado, I also grew up loving the mountains, mountain biking, and hiking. I am very much looking forward to exploring everything that the Big Sky State has to offer in my free time.
- What are some of your academic achievements?
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Colorado State University and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa for excellence in Liberal Arts. I was lucky enough to receive a few academic performance grants in medical school. I completed a masters degree in Public Health during medical school at the University of Colorado as well.
IMRThird Year Residents
We will start interviewing applicants from late October to January.